Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Advent Devotional - Christmas Day

John 3:16:   “For God so loved he world, that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
John 3:16 embodies Christmas for me. Christmas Eve 1991 found me sitting by my Christmas tree thinking about the son I was about to give birth to. I already loved this little guy so much. Surely no one could love someone as much as I loved my son? Then it hit me. God loved me so much that He was willing to sacrifice His own Son for a sinner like me. I had heard that my whole life, but it really hit home at that moment. God LOVES me, and the Gift of his Son was the best Christmas present I would ever receive.
PRAYER
God Thank for the gift of Jesus. Amen
Sarabeth Stopansky, Elder, Congruity Presbyterian Church, New Alexandria

No comments:

Post a Comment