Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Advent Devotional - Day Ten

Restore us again, O God of our salvation, and put away your indignation toward us. Will you be angry with us forever?  (Psalm 85:4-5)

The children of Israel were constantly pulled away from their God by other cultures and lifestyles that were far easier to follow than their way of life. The Lord punished his people many times in order to win them back, but He always forgave the iniquity of His people. His love for His people Israel today has been extended to all the world through His son Jesus Christ. We are so fortunate that we have a God that will continue to forgive us of our sins and shortcomings and continue to be there for us in times that we are afraid, unsure, sick, or grieving.

As a young girl I was so excited one year when Santa brought me a 26-inch bicycle. I had not asked for one because I didn’t even think something like that was possible. On Christmas morning I was so overjoyed to find a bicycle in the living room and I couldn’t stop jumping for joy at that great gift. Now that I am over 70, that doesn’t even compare to the gift of eternal life. God sent His son into this corrupt world to save all of us for he loves us dearly.  I truly hope that you find the true joy of the season and coming of the Lord once again into our lives. Praise God from who all blessings flow!!!

Heavenly God, Thank you for loving and forgiving us and most of all sending your only Son to die for us. Thank you for the greatest gift of all; eternal life.  Amen.

Linda Loesch is a ruling elder from Newlonsburg Presbyterian Church.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the reminder of the greatest gift of all. It makes me jump for joy as well.

    ReplyDelete