Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Advent Devotional - Day 17

I will praise the Lord as long as I live.  I will sing praises to my God all my life long.  (Psalm 146:2)

The author of Psalm 146 is not identified as are many of the other psalms. I like that anonymity of this psalm because it invites us to add our voices to the chorus of those praising God for all that God has done for us. For me this is a wonderful message for the Advent/Christmas season because the Gospel account of the birth of Christ was a quiet event that took place among ordinary people like us. Like the Psalmist, may we lift our voices in praising the Lord.

Great and wonderful God, the Psalmist reminds us of all the things that you have done and continue to do. In this Advent Season, may we be the vehicles through which others may experience your loving care reaching out to help those around us. Amen

Cliff Foster is pastor at Congruity Presbyterian Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment