Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Lenten Devotional - Day 13

Scripture: Psalm 51:1-11
“Create in me a clean heart, O God, and put a new and right spirit within me. Do not cast me away from your presence, and do not take your holy spirit from me.” (Ps. 51:10-11)
  I am including a Holy Reading Psalm 51:1, 4, 6, 10, 15-17 and then a devotional stretch so as to pray with your body.

  Have mercy on me O GOD, according to your steadfast love; According to your abundant mercies blot out my transgressions. You desire truth in the inward being; therefore, teach me wisdom in my secret heart.

  Create in me a clean heart, O GOD, and put a new and right spirit within me.

  PRAYING WITH THE BODY, HEART, AND SOUL

  Hear me, O Merciful One (legs hip distance apart, slowly raise arms to the stars)

Inhale: Quietly express your prayer with your body, heart, and soul. Clear my conscience in your love (arms extended to the side slowly twist from side to side keep knees slightly bent)

Exhale: breathe out guilt, shame and blame. Your truth Permeates my whole being (grab opposite elbows behind back, press heart forward, stretch throat and let head drop towards back)

Inhale: With open heart, inhale God's truth. Your wisdom fills my heart (Raise arms to the heavens, press palms together, slide hands to the heart and bow)

Exhale: Bowing down, thank GOD for the wisdom to know love from fear. Fill me with your loving Spirit (slide hands to back of calves pull chest towards thighs, forward fold)

Inhale: Be inspired, renewed, and revitalized as you inhale. Cleanse my heart of wrath, greed and gluttony. (arm's reach out touching floor with fingertips tailbone lifted)

Exhale: feel lightened, emptied, and open for God's love. Rid my lips of lies and deceit, O God (sitting on floor, softening face, drop chin, soften jaw, hands pressed together at heart center)

Inhale: lift your chin, soften your lips, open your mouth to receive goodness, truth, and beauty. Let them instead declare your love (stretch arms out taking hold of your pant legs and lower nose towards knees)

Exhale: Bow your head to a love that never fails. Accept and heal my broken spirit (on all fours drop belly, bring eyes up towards the heavens, tailbone up, then arch body like a cat, chin to chest, tuck tailbone)

Inhale: Look up and offer you soul for comfort and healing. Teach me to be humble of heart (knees out wide, forehead to the ground, arms stretched out, child's pose)

Exhale: Be the child of God that you are: loved, loving, and loveable!

  May the longtime sun shine upon you, all love surround you, and the pure light within you, guide your way on. - Irish prayer

Andrea Falcone, Contributor

Remember in Prayer:  Individuals who live each day in recovery, let us hear their stories and rejoice in their new life.

Click Here PDF - Day 13 Devotion

No comments:

Post a Comment